Quantity Surveyor- Ireland
We are currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor, with Electrical experience, for the Greater Dublin Region. This is a permanent role which will be site based, reporting to the onsite Project Manager and the Commercial Manager (Head Office).
The Quantity Surveyor will provide support to the Construction Team on all Quantity Surveying Functions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Management and ownership of the commercial and contractual requirements through the lifecycle of the project.
- Responsibility for interface Client Commercial/Contract Team.
- Project Procurement including Sub-contractors.
- Conduct cost and risk analysis.
- Review all incoming correspondence from Employers, Design Team and /or subcontractors, to identify contractually critical items and to initiate replies.
- Manage commercial aspects of subcontractors.
- Provide project costing, margin & cashflow reports.
- Manage project change order procedures and agree costs with client.
- Provide monthly valuations and certs.
- Agree final accounts.
Qualifications / Skills Required
- A relevant degree qualification.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Electrical experience.
- A proven working knowledge of current contract law.
- A proven track record in customer relationship development.
- IT Skills – Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Pro
Receptionist – Ireland
We are currently seeking a full time permanent Receptionist for our Waterford Head Office.
Overall Role Objective
The Receptionist is responsible for the reception desk, carrying out general administration duties as and when required by Management and assisting with day to day office running.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Manage the reception desk and reception area, ensuring it is clean and presentable.
- Act as the professional point of contact for all visitors.
- Meet and greet clients and visitors ensuring the delivery of high standards, including offering of refreshments.
- Manage the phone calls into the office and direct to the relevant people, taking and forwarding messages where necessary.
- Respond to company emails.
- Stamp and distribute incoming post and faxes.
- Log remittances and cheques received on a daily basis.
- Update reception plasma screen with relevant communication messages where necessary.
- Organize funds for the company franking machine to ensure outgoing post leaves the office daily and on time.
- Manage all outgoing post, including registered post.
- Organize couriers as and when required and track parcel delivery.
- Provide purchase order requisitions for all courier invoices to enable payment.
- Provide a weekly staff absence report to HR and Payroll.
- Provide a weekly credit card report for Accounts.
- Take responsibility for the company credit card, using it as requested, including the taxing of company vehicles and the purchase of ad hoc materials for sites, training courses, etc.
- Distribute office-based communications.
- Order and program access swipe cards for employees in the Head Office.
- Update and distribute internal and external phone lists.
- Liaise with the milkman regarding orders and organise monthly payment.
- Maintain a Boardroom/Meeting room booking request log.
- Maintain and update the company Emergency Evacuation log.
- Assist in the day-to-day administration of the office, including data entry, scanning photocopying and general paperwork as requested.
- Assist with the monthly employee recognition scheme.
- Assist with the booking of travel requirements, including flights, accommodation, car hire, trains, taxis etc. for all employees and clients when required.
- Assist the HR Manager with HR related projects from time to time.
- Assist Senior Management with ad hoc requests where time permits.
Qualifications / Skills Required
- Switch board experience.
- Experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
- Excellent people management and customer service skills.
- Trustworthiness, discretion and confidentiality essential.
- Time keeping and attendance essential.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- A friendly and professional telephone manner.
- Ability to work on own initiative – Reception is a standalone role.
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential.
- Patience and tactfulness.
- The ability to stay calm under pressure and to multitask.
- IT Skills – Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.