Earth Day 2022 – How can you Invest in Our Planet?
At Suir Engineering we are extremely aware of our Sustainability responsibility and are currently working towards a greener future by implementing procedures and creating new sustainable employment positions across the business to ensure we are taking the right steps to invest in our planets future.
In honor of Earth Day 2022, here are some simple steps we can make to celebrate Earth Day and make positive changes for our Planet.
- Follow the 3 R’s: Look for ways you can Reduce, Reuse and Recycle throughout your home. You’ll save natural resources, energy and money, and you’ll reduce waste sent to landfill.
- Conserve Energy at Home: From turning off lights and electronics when not in use, to using a programmable thermostat, to changing your air filter regularly, thee are many small things you can do to save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions, while saving money on your utility bills.
- Slow it Down: Fast food, fast fashion and fast fads result in mass overconsumption of goods that are rarely needed, that deplete natural resources and cause mass pollution.
- Reduce Paper Waste and Junk Mail: Think twice before printing things at work and home. You can reduce your mail by using online payment options that avoid paper bills etc, And there are services that will remove your name from unwanted mailing lists to reduce junk mail.
- Stop Spraying: Pesticides, herbicides and insecticides have their uses but dandelion never killed anyone, a fly swatter is great exercise and, in a sane world, organic farming would be the norm, not the exception.
- Give your car a break & start thinking Electric: Whether you’re commuting to work or running errands, you just might be able to leave your car at home, even a few times a week. Remember walking, cycling, jogging are all great ways to help the environment and your health and wellbeing. Also – do your research and start looking at alternative electronic vehicles if this is something that is an option for you.
- Replace your bulbs: Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) and LED bulbs may cost more than incandescent bulbs, but they will save money over the long run, last longer, and use up to 99 percent less energy.
- Buy local: Buying local produce and other items reduces shipping distances from food sourced overseas, and also supports local businesses and communities.
Thanks for your time folks, we hope you can find the time to try out some of our tips.