Location: Dublin & Kildare
We are currently recruiting a number of Civil Engineers (from junior up to senior level) on a full-time permanent basis to work on 110/220 KV Sub Station projects
Overall Role Objective
The Civil Engineer role will include a robust & comprehensive design & specification review. Will work as part of a team from tender stage to successful project handover in accordance with specific project specifications & requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of technical and contract documentation for issue.
- Maintain Health & Safety, Quality & Environmental records.
- Daily management of resources.
- Liaise and manage appointed subcontractors.
- Record plant, labour, material & additional works.
- Compile data for any potential delay & compensation event.
- Liaise with all third-party project stake holders.
- Develop project plans, project programmes, create and update schedules / progress reports.
- Co-ordination of work phases, subcontractors and direct teams.
- Potential Implementation of Traffic Management plans, road closures etc.
- Procurement of materials
- Updating / assisting in project cost management including value engineering and ongoing project costs.
- Survey works
- Liaising and co-ordinating with clients, other members of the design team and contractors on technical issues.
- Managing all technical queries on site and assist project team in all site engineering issues to include: the management, the planning, construction, testing and handover of all project systems.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate programme of assigned engineering work and projects.
- Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages.
- Evaluate the effectiveness design and amend if necessary.
- Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
- Use computers extensively to produce and analyse designs.
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by your Manager, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Qualifications / Skills
- An honours degree in Civil engineering.
Experience in the construction industry would be an advantage.
Fluent English with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Good IT skills, particularly in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Packages.
Ability to work to strict deadlines.
Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project.
Strong sense of ownership & responsibility for the assigned projects.
Experience of live utilities.
Setting out experience is a preference e.g. Total station, GPS etc.
Benefits: Competitive salary, 21 days annual leave; Employee Pension Option; Employee Assistance Programme; Medical Checks; Compassionate Leave; Bike-to-Work Scheme; Free Parking.
When applying for this role please click ‘Civil Engineer’ position on the drop-down menu.