Location: Base Waterford head office and travelling to our site in the Cork region during working week)
We are currently recruiting a number of Electrical Engineers (from junior up to senior level) on a full-time permanent basis.
Overall Role Objective
The Electrical engineer is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of electrical control systems and/or components to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability. The Electrical Engineers will be involved in projects from the concept and detail of the design through to implementation, testing and handover.
- Assist with the preparation of technical and contract documentation for issue.
- Monitor progress against the program and issue progress reports.
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments.
- Carry out document control, recording and transmitting information.
- Liaising and co-ordinating with clients, other members of the design team and contractors on technical issues.
- Managing all technical queries on site and assist project team in all site electrical engineering issues to include: the management, the planning, the testing and commissioning and the handover of all project systems.
- Prepare programs using MS project.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate program of assigned engineering work and projects.
- Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary.
- Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
- Use computers extensively to produce and analyse designs.
- Generate specifications for parts.
- Control the efficiency of processes.
- Supervise technicians and other engineers during development phase.
- Build, test and modify product prototypes.
Qualifications / Skills
- An honours degree in electrical engineering.
- Minimum of at least 1 year (This will change based on level junior/Mid-Level/Senior)
- Experience in the construction industry would be an advantage.
- Fluent English with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills, particularly in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Packages.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
Benefits: Competitive salary, 21 days annual leave; Employee Pension Option; Employee Assistance Programme; Medical Checks; Compassionate Leave; Bike-to-Work Scheme; Free Parking.
When applying for this role please click ‘Electrical Engineer’ position on the drop-down menu.