We are currently looking for a number of Electrical Chargehands / Foremen and Supervisors for a project in Sweden. This project will be for a 5/6 week period and there would be an immediate start for the successful applicants. It is an electrical installation on a data centre in Gavle.
Main Objectives and Duties
- Support the Project Manager on an ongoing basis ensuring the delivery of the highest quality projects.
- Assist the Project Manager in the development of the Project Programme.
- Maintain standards of safety, ensuring all company and legislative requirement are met and all employees are following safe working procedures.
- Ensure site set up is as per Regulations.
- Integrating process change and estimating of works.
- Track Progress against Programme and monitor productivity, ensuring the work meets contract requirements.
- Assess the site work completed according to the job requirements.
- Assist with the coordination of work from all disciplines as dictated by the project needs.
- Ensure weekly report programmes/reports are submitted in a timely and accurate fashion to the Client.
- Hold daily team update/progress meetings via the Suir Way Tiered Management system.
- Allocate team resources via planning to fulfil project requirements.
- Coordinate and ensure all sub-contractors are scheduled and performing.
- Identify improvements which can be made.
- Ensure cost effective purchase of materials and conformity of all materials to site specifications.
- Ensure correct storage and protection of all issued materials and equipment until installation.
- Assist in system handover.
- Obtain approval for all works.
- Liaise with the Client Representative and represent the company standards/ethos at all times.
- Maintain client expectations at all times.
- Ensure all extra works are captured.
- Record and report all extra work.
- Obtain client approval for all additional work prior to executing.
- Liaise with the HR department on any team-based personnel issues.
- Ensure any team disciplinary and grievance issues are dealt with.
- Any other adhoc duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications / Skills Required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role within an electrical contracting environment.
- Must hold a valid Electrical Trade Certificate.
- Safe pass.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Strong safety focus.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Proven capability in decision making.
- Flexible, committed and work well under time pressure.
- PC Skills – MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Have a valid biometric passport (passport issued after 2013).
Benefits: Competitive salary, 21 days annual leave; Employee Pension Option; Employee Assistance Programme; Medical Checks; Compassionate Leave; Bike-to-Work Scheme; Free Parking.
When applying for this role please click “Supervisor – Electrical” “Chargehand – Electrical” or “Foreman Electrical” position on the drop-down menu.