We are currently looking for a High Voltage Construction Manager to join our team on a full-time permanent basis to work on 110 and 220 KV Sub Station projects.
Suir Engineering has over 35 years of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation (M,E&I) expertise, with a directly employed workforce of more than1000 people and in the region of €160 million revenue annually – it has offices in Dublin, Waterford, London & Stockholm.
Suir Engineering operates in the following sectors: data centres, energy & utilities, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and renewable energy. Although its primary focus is on the Irish market, Suir Engineering is delivering successful M,E&I projects in Europe.
Overall Role Objective
The HV Construction manager will be responsible for running all or part of a construction site. This will include budgeting, organisation, implementation and scheduling of the projects.
- Preparing the site and liaising with other construction professionals such as architects, engineers, buyers, estimators, [planners] and surveyors before construction work starts.
- Developing the programme of work and strategy for making the project happen.
- Planning ahead to prevent problems on site before they occur, for example, planning the delivery and storage of equipment and materials.
- Making safety inspections of the site when work is underway and ensuring regulations relating to health, safety and the environment (HSE) are adhered to.
- Overseeing the running of several projects.
- Using construction management software packages to plan smooth work flows.
- Communicating with a range of people including the client, subcontractors, suppliers, the public and the workforce.
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by your Manager, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
- BS degree in construction management, Electrical engineering or related field [and / or Time Served Trade Background with minimum 10 years construction experience].
- 4+ years of experience in High Voltage construction management
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods.
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards.
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process.
- Familiarity with construction management software packages.
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”.
- Competent in conflict and crisis management.
- Leadership and human resources management skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Safety conscious.
Benefits of Working with Suir Engineering
- Competitive salary
- 21 days annual leave
- Employee Pension Option
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medical Checks
- Bike-to-Work Scheme
- Free Parking