Location: Dublin & Kildare
We are currently recruiting a Pre Commissioning Lead to work on 110/220 KV Sub Station projects on a full-time permanent basis.
- Responsible for all inspections related to installations, testing, commissioning etc. for the involved project.
- Develop and implement Suir and subcontractors Inspection and Test Plans, Quality Plans and quality procedures.
- Prepares and/or reviews pre-commissioning procedures and plans.
- Prepares and/or reviews Subdivision of Plant into Systems.
- Represent the company as the Lead Pre-Commissioning interface with the Client and vendors on all aspects of project for the duration of the project.
- Conduct inspections of all ongoing activities for all project related installations.
- Conduct inspections for all material deliveries.
- Attend all inspections with client/contractor representatives.
- Coordination of the site engineers assigned to the project in the preparation of Operating and Maintenance Manuals and all deliverables included in the Contractual Scope of Work.
- Organizes daily activities with Pre-Commissioning team, assigning duty and responsibility on single Equipment or total Systems to be inspected and tested.
- Ensures QHSE rules are applied on his/her perimeter.
- Oversees the overall system testing of the facility, systems, sub-system functional performance, in readiness for commissioning.
- Submit inspection requests in coordination with concerned site/project engineers.
- Prepare daily report regarding inspections, material, non-conformances etc.
- Prepare weekly surveillance reports, non-conformance reports and verification of corrective actions.
- Check the drawings and documents used at site for approvals and compliance with project requirements.
- Ensure that all works are carried out as per the approved method statements and drawings.
- Ensure that all equipment used are calibrated and with valid certificates.
- Assist / coordinate the preparation of the final handing over documents such as QAQC documents, testing and commissioning reports etc.
- Prepare testing and commissioning method statements in coordination with vendors, general contractor representatives and project owner representatives.
- Ensure the EIDA software system is used as the primary tool for management for this process on site.
- Represent the Company at regular site/off-site meetings.
- Ensure Supplier/Subcontractor equipment is manufactured in compliance with project requirements
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests (both nationally and internationally) as required.
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by Management, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Qualifications / Skills
- A relevant Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Trade qualification.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a Pre Commissioning role.
- A QA/QC Qualification would be an advantage but not essential.
- EIDA system/software experience strongly desirable but not essential.
- IT Skills – Proficiency in Microsoft Office and report preparation.
- Ability to clearly communicate both orally and in writing to clients and other stakeholders.
- Ability to delegate and manage team members efficiently.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet project deadlines.
Benefits: Competitive salary, 21 days annual leave; Employee Pension Option; Employee Assistance Programme; Medical Checks; Compassionate Leave; Bike-to-Work Scheme; Free Parking.
When applying for this role please click ‘Pre Commissioning Lead’ position on the drop-down menu.