Bristol-Myers Squibb in a global Biopharma company focused on it’s mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. BMS operates one of its two bulk Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) manufacturing sites in Ireland at Cruiserath. This existing facility is a flexible multifunctional, automated bulk pharmaceutical manufacturing plant. In order to ensure adequate supply to the market of current & future products, BMS decided to expand the manufacturing capabilities of its Biologics network at the Cruiserath site in Dublin.
Suir Engineering carried out the complete electrical installation to the following buildings:
- A two storey Combined Utility Building 12 meters high, 3,508 sqm with 3 no. boiler stacks sized 25 meters high. Demolition of existing solvent tank farm/solvent recovery to support new build.
- A single storey extension to the existing Warehouse Building 14.9 meters height, 2,343 sqm including the demolition of an existing drum stores sized 1,520 sqm
- A single storey extension to the existing Electrical Building 8.3 meters high, sized 285 sqm and full upgrade of the site Power Distribution Network.
- A Single storey Security Building 5 Meters High, 55 sqm
- Upgrade of the existing Waste Water Treatment Plant and Waste Management
- Site Wide MV Upgrade
Suir Engineering are responsible for the supply & Installation of the MV Power distribution system, Standby Power System, LV Power distribution System, Variable Frequence Drives (VFD), Cable Containment Systems, Earthing and Lightning Protection systems, Lighting and Small Power Systems, Emergency Lighting Systems, Site Lighting, UPS Systems, Fire Alarm Systems, Security Systems, Audio Visual Systems, Modifications to existing switchgear, Modifications to existing waste water treatment and Waste Water Treatment system.