IBM is one of Ireland’s leading providers of advanced information technology, products, services and business consulting expertise. They are dedicated to helping their clients innovate and succeed through the end-to-end transformation of their business models and the application of innovative technology and business solutions.
Suir Engineering was tasked with a new project in the IBM complex in Damastown Ind Estate, Dublin. The work scope was to change part of the Old Building 5 into a data support centre.
Suir Engineering’s electrical scope of work for this project includes items outlined below:
- Stripout the existing services in the area and make safe all maintained existing services in the area.
- Install a new FA panel, FA devices, FA sounder strobes, underfloor Vesda System and open plan Vesda System.
- Install the lighting and small power in the new Data Centre and the New Switchrooms.
- Install 8 No ABB Power Distribution Units in the Data Centre, 2 No ABB dual feed Power Boards, 1 No AF supplied UPS Switchboard, 1 No AF supplied UPS switchboard, 3 No AF supplied Main switchboards, 3 No UPS units & 2 No Generators.
- Install 1500 mts of 1*400mm2 cables between Generators and Generator Board.
- Install all control cabling between the Generators,
the Main board Generator Breakers and the Generator Boards.
- Install 300mts of 1*400mm2 cable between UPS units and the Battery Circuit Breakers.
- Install all control cabling between UPS units and the Relevant Breakers on the Main switchboards
- Install all cabling Between the UPS and The Generator Panel to tie up the synchronisation of the units with each other.
- Install 2 No New MCC panels complete with BMS sections.
- Install relevant BMS cabling and power circuits to pumps, AHU, motors etc.
- Install 4 No new feeds to 4 No existing chillers.
- Install BMS controls to existing chillers