Suir Engineering was responsible for turnkey delivery of a 220kV GIS Network Substation on a site in Kellystown, Co Kildare.
This project includes the design, construction, testing and commissioning of all civil and structural works, primary / secondary equipment and auxiliary services required for a functioning GIS substation.
The key features of the project are a 220kV GIS building, 220kV double busbar GIS, 3150 A rating consisting of 18 no. bays & substation control system and protection systems. Suir Engineering has also been responsible for installing two 220kV cable circuits from line / cable interfaces to the 220kV GIS Substation and to install three (3) 220kV cable circuits from 220kV GIS Substation to third party transformers.
Suir Engineering Scope of Work
- Civil design and Construction of 220kV Substation
- Civil Design and Construction of 6KM of 220kV Grid Cable
- Civil design, Planning Process and Construction of 6No Directional Drills
- Liaise with Kildare Co.Co, ABP, Irish Water, Irish Fisheries etc
- Electrical Design, Procure, Install, Joint and Test 220kV Cable
- Electrical Design, Procure and Installation of Control & Protection Systems
- Design, Procure and Installation of AC & DC Systems
- Design, Installation and Test of Earthing System
- Design, Procure and Installation of Building Services Systems
- Installation and Assembly of 220kV GIS Switchgear
- Substation Commission and DOF