The wind farm is a 35 turbine project in Co. Cork developed by Bord Gais Energy through its subsidiary, SWS Knockacummer Wind Farm Limited. The works included 110kV substation civil works and associated 20kV civil and electrical substation works including 110/20kV transformer installation works.
The turbines installed on the wind farm site were 2.5MW resulting in an installed capacity of 87.5MW. The wind farm was connected to the national grid at 110kV via a 110/20kV grid connection transformer.
Suir Engineering Scope of Work
Suir Engineering’s scope of work for this project includes items outlined below:Knockacummer 110kV ESB substation control building and compound civil works.
– Knockacummer 110kV ESB substation control building and compound civil works.
– Knockacummer 20kV substation and compound civil and electrical works including the 110/20kV transformer installation works.
- The 110/20kV transformer installation works.
- The works included the design, procurement, supply, installation, pre-commissioning, (where applicable) and testing of works.
- As this was a sensitive site in terms of environment and archaeology, practible steps were taken including environment and archaeological studies, prior to commencement along with constant monitoring during constructionto prevent any damage to the site.