MSD Swords facility was established in 1990 and now employs over 600 people. The main activities on site relate to the manufacture of a range of women’s health products specifically in the areas of fertility and contraception. The site has also been selected to manufacture a range of new products which are expected to be launched in the next 2 years.
The new MSD Biotech Dublin project will consist of the following buildings:
- New Warehouse Building.
- New QC Labs.
- New Central Utilities Building (CUB) to be built within the footprint of the existing Production Building.
- New BDS Building to be built within the footprint of the existing Material Handling Facility.
- Admin Building (Existing Office and Canteen Building).
- Ancillary buildings and areas such as MV Building, Waste Water Treatment etc.
Suir Engineering Scope of Work
- Medium Voltage Cabling
- Low Voltage Cabling
- Low Voltage Distribution
- General Services & Power
- Lighting and Emergency Lighting
- Fire Alarm
- CCTV System
- Security & Access Control
- Electrical Containment
- Earthing and Bonding
- Lightning Protection
- ESB Substation – Lighting Power & FA System supply installed into Substation
- Enabling package
- Strip out of existing services