MSD Swords facility was established in 1990 and now employs over 600 people. The main activities on site relate to the manufacture of a range of women’s health products specifically in the areas of fertility and contraception. The site has also been selected to manufacture a range of new products which are expected to be launched in the next 2 years.
The new MSD Biotech Dublin project will consist of the following buildings:
- New Warehouse Building.
- New QC Labs.
- New Central Utilities Building (CUB) to be built within the footprint of the existing Production Building.
- New BDS Building to be built within the footprint of the existing Material Handling Facility.
- Admin Building (Existing Office and Canteen Building).
- Ancillary buildings and areas such as MV Building, Waste Water Treatment etc.
Suir Engineering Scope of Work
Suir Engineering are responsible for the supply, install, test and commission of the following:
- Medium Voltage Cabling
- Low Voltage Cabling
- Low Voltage Distribution
- General Services & Power
- Lighting and Emergency Lighting
- Fire Alarm
- CCTV System
- Security & Access Control
- Electrical Containment
- Earthing and Bonding
- Lightning Protection
- ESB Substation – Lighting Power & FA System supply installed into Substation
- Enabling package
- Strip out of existing services