WuXi Biologics invested €325 Million on a new Biologics facility in Dundalk, Co. Louth. This 54,232sqm biopharmaceutical manufacturing facility on a 20.74-hectare greenfield site is set to become the world’s largest single-use biologics manufacturing facility. The state-of-the-art manufacturing facility will feature single-use bioreactors for commercial biomanufacturing, as well as next-generation processing technology. It will be the first WuXi Biologics manufacturing facility outside of China and is expected to help accelerate biologics development in Europe. The site in Dundalk, Co Louth aims to provide 400+ jobs in the community.
Suir Engineering Scope of Work
The Scope of Work comprises design assist, supply, installation and testing and selected commissioning of the following.
- PAS system including equipment, containment and associated wiring, RV of free issue instrumentation, sub-assembly of equipment skids.
- Misc. Systems – Disabled Toilet System, Disabled Refuge System, Heat Tracing.
- Life Safety Systems (natural gas, Co2, LEL, oxygen depletion)
- Equipment Installation, Free Issues and Contractor Procured.
- Contractor / Vendor Co-ordination.
- LV Distribution – Normal, Emergency, UPS.
- Lighting Systems – Normal, Emergency.
- Fire Alarm Systems.
- Voice, Data Security.
- Public Address.
- Access Control.
- Earthing Systems – Normal, Clean.
- BAS System.