Alexion Pharmaceuticals has developed a new 13,100 sqm laboratories, office, packaging and warehouse facility on a 41 acre greenfield site at College Park in Blanchardstown, Dublin that serves as a Centre of Excellence for the Company’s Global Supply Chain and Quality operations in Ireland. It is the company’s first biologics manufacturing facility outside of the United Sates.
Suir Engineering were responsible for surveying all relevant work areas, drawings, specifications, schedules, 3-D Models and any other documentation issued as part of the tender and construction package. It was the responsibility of the E&I Contractor to provide all materials necessary for each of the electrical systems to fulfil the client requirements . Suir Engineering also co-ordinated with the Mechanical and Civil Contractors on a daily basis and completed daily work place planning meetings to resolve any clashes if applicable and agreed system of works, ie working from the top down.
Suir Engineering Scope of Work
Suir Engineering’s electrical scope of work for this project includes items outlined below.
- Power & General Services Installation
- General & Emergency Lighting Installation
- Earthing & Bonding Installation
- Cable Containment Installation
- Electrical Equipment Schedule Installation
- Security Installation
- Fire Alarm Installation
- Information Systems Installation
- Power Distribution & Mains Equipment Installation
- The purchasing of instruments
- Tubing, Wiring & Bench Testing
- Pressure testing of process instrumentation tubing & piping
- Leak testing of instrument air tubing and piping
- Continuity Check
- Quality Compliance
- Loop Check Supports
- DeviceNet Certifications
- ControlNet Certifications, and start-up assistance for all instrumentation and controls
- Defining system borders, assembly of system packs, testing & commissioning