Tees Valley 2 (TV2) is Air Products’ second renewable energy-from-waste (EFW) facility in the Tees Valley, located on land adjacent to TV1. TV2 is based on the same advanced plasma gasification technology and TV1 will have a similar generating capacity.
- Capacity of 49.9MW of renewable electricity generation.
- Generates electricity equivalent to the needs of up to 50,000 homes.
- Up to 350,000 tonnes of non-recyclable residual waste diverted from landfill.
- Alongside Tees Valley 1, it’s the largest energy plant of it’s type to be built in the UK.
Suir Engineering Scope of Work
- Cable installation (includes cable pulling, laying, termination, installation in trenches, duct banks and on trays, racks.
- Above ground earthing works.
- Internal and external plant lighting and small power distribution.
- Trace heating installation and testing, including distribution boards and junction boxes.
- Installation of substation items (transformers, earth resistors, switchgear, cabinets etc).
- Installation of interconnection cabling and testing.
- Electrical connection to equipment package motors.
- Telecomms -installation of fibre optic cable and CAT 6 data cables.
- Installation of CCTV camera, junction boxes and cabinets.
- Access control – installation of card readers, intercom stations and access barriers.
- Installation of telecommunication cabinets.
- Grounding of all cable sheaths, telecommunication cabinets and enclosures.
- Control and Instrumentation works.
- Installation of Supplier packaged units, instrument control systems cabinets, field panels, process instrumentation, fire and gas detection and protection devices, above and underground cabling, earthing and bonding.