The Barnageeragh 110kV Station and Grid Route is a turnkey installation where Suir Engineering were appointed as the general contractor for the project. The remit from project inception was to assist our client in the following:
- Pre-planning stage including management of 3rd party regulatory bodies such as Eirgrid, ESB, Planning authorities and utility providers.
- Early engagement on design and key deliverables allowing a collaborative approach to the Barnageeragh project.
- Value engineering at concept / basic engineering stage while adhering to asset management specifications.
- Identification of grid routes through challenging areas (both industrial and public) with a high density of existing infrastructure.
- Delivery within a timeframe to meet Data Centre customer requirements.
Suir Engineering Scope of Work
The scope of works includes:
- Site establishment and logistics including traffic management (including public highways).
- Project Supervisor Construction Stage Role. (CDM)
- Civil installation including groundworks, substructure and dual 110kV grid. installation within an urban / industrial environment.
- CSA installation of multi-level steel superstructure, cladding and concrete 1st floor.
- Electrical – LV / HV infrastructure and cabling.
- Equipment – supply and installation of GIS Switchgear and ancillary LCC panels.
- Supply and installation of 12.5km of 110kV cabling.
- Control and Protection Installation.
- Mechanical installation for the station.
- Full commissioning and handover of the installation.